Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:58:50 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  What's your favorite Batman adaptation?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: What's your favorite Batman adaptation?
Batman   -5 (41.7%)
Batman Returns   -1 (8.3%)
Batman Forever   -1 (8.3%)
Batman Begins   -4 (33.3%)
The Batman Animated Series   -1 (8.3%)
: 8

: What's your favorite Batman adaptation?  ( 10533 )
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #15 : April 05, 2007, 09:14:39 PM »

Honestly?

Adam West.

The groovy 60's tv show was more true to the orginal comics, than some would like to admit.

However if your thinking Dark Knight era than yeah the movies are the way to go.

Didn't care for Begins. Boring trash. And the editing in the fights scenes was just awful. You can't see anything.

« : August 05, 2007, 03:52:38 PM The Firecracker »

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #16 : August 04, 2007, 10:28:41 PM »

Since "The Dark Knight" is on the horizon, I feel I should bump this.  O0

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #17 : August 05, 2007, 05:48:51 AM »

Honestly?

Adam West.

Of course.

mike siegel
Bounty Killer

Call me Kowalski, like the guy in Vanishing Point

« #18 : August 05, 2007, 01:48:17 PM »

BATMAN BEGINS.
The first one that really works as a motion picture.

New Sam Peckinpah forum online!  www.earnedinblood.com
KevinJCBJK

« #19 : August 05, 2007, 04:52:24 PM »

In case anyone forgets, Batman Forever also had nipples on the bat suit. At least from what I remember.

you didn't add the 1966 film with Adam West and Burt Ward?

I also didn't think Clooney's peformance as Batman wasn't bad, though he did say he played him "gay"

I just wondered what Bob Kane had to say about Christian Bale? He did say Val Kilmer was the best before he died.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #20 : August 05, 2007, 04:56:25 PM »

Nobody compares to Keaton while in the Batsuit. I love Bale's Batman, but he kind of makes you laugh when he's talking as Batman. Keaton however, was super cool. I love his voice.

KevinJCBJK

« #21 : August 05, 2007, 05:05:52 PM »

Yeah, I heard that there was a lot of backlash about Keaton's casting before the film premiered. I think Bale tried to put on a Batman who is more enraged. Though he was awesome the first time you see him in the suit when he captures Falcone, "I'm Batman" I thought it was very convincing.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #22 : August 05, 2007, 07:45:00 PM »

Yeah, I heard that there was a lot of backlash about Keaton's casting before the film premiered. I think Bale tried to put on a Batman who is more enraged. Though he was awesome the first time you see him in the suit when he captures Falcone, "I'm Batman" I thought it was very convincing.

Yeah, I'm not knocking Bale one bit. He may be the best Bruce Wayne/Batman combined ever. He was perfectly cast as the Caped Crusader. I just feel when Keaton was in the Batsuit, he was amazing. I love both actor's so it's hard for me to pick between the two. If I had to pick though, I'd have to go with Keaton. You gotta admit, Keaton's "I'm Batman" delivery in the beginning of Batman is legendary!

KevinJCBJK

« #23 : August 06, 2007, 01:00:58 PM »

Yeah, I'm not knocking Bale one bit. He may be the best Bruce Wayne/Batman combined ever. He was perfectly cast as the Caped Crusader. I just feel when Keaton was in the Batsuit, he was amazing. I love both actor's so it's hard for me to pick between the two. If I had to pick though, I'd have to go with Keaton. You gotta admit, Keaton's "I'm Batman" delivery in the beginning of Batman is legendary!

Yeah after whipping the asses of those goons, you start taking a guy in a bat suit more seriously.

KevinJCBJK

« #24 : August 06, 2007, 11:48:58 PM »

And I heard the comic book fans didn't like Batman Returns. I liked it. It was the first film I ever saw at a movie theatre.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #25 : August 07, 2007, 07:18:50 AM »

And I heard the comic book fans didn't like Batman Returns. I liked it. It was the first film I ever saw at a movie theatre.

What do Comic Book fans know anyway? I loved Returns.

KevinJCBJK

« #26 : August 07, 2007, 09:58:10 AM »

I liked how it was a more dark nihilistic Tim Burton film featuring Batman. To me it's like Batman was having a bad acid trip. It was pretty intense for a four year old.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #27 : August 07, 2007, 11:52:24 AM »

I liked how it was a more dark nihilistic Tim Burton film featuring Batman. To me it's like Batman was having a bad acid trip. It was pretty intense for a four year old.

Yes, I remember, I was only 11 years old at the time and it was pretty damn intense for me as well. I still think the film holds up pretty well today. The film was even darker than the original Batman which I think fits perfectly with the Batman World.

And how can we not forget Michelle Pheiffer as The Catwoman. She was absolutely brilliant, a performance that was Oscar Worthy in my opinion.

« : August 07, 2007, 11:54:58 AM Tucumcari_Bound »

KevinJCBJK

« #28 : August 07, 2007, 11:55:37 AM »

Yes, I remember, I was only 11 years old at the time and it was pretty damn intense for me as well. I still think the film holds up pretty well today. The film was even darker than the original Batman which I think fits perfectly with the Batman World.

And how can we not forget Michelle Pheiffer as The Catwoman. She was absolutely brilliant, a performance that was Oscar Worthy in my opinion.

Yeah she was great as the Catwoman, better than Hallie Berry ;D wasn't there an actress who wanted the role so badly she embarrassed herself?

Though was surprised how psychotic Danny De Vito's Penguin was, who wasn't the high class millionare like Burgess Meredith.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #29 : August 07, 2007, 11:58:38 AM »

Yeah she was great as the Catwoman, better than Hallie Berry ;D wasn't there an actress who wanted the role so badly she embarrassed herself?

Though was surprised how psychotic Danny De Vito's Penguin was, who wasn't the high class millionare like Burgess Meredith.

Yes, it's funny. A lot of people are turned off by De Vito's performance, and the look of him. I thought he was brilliant as well. The film is filled with memorable characters in my mind.

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines