Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2021, 03:58:07 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  My system for watching Westerns
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: My system for watching Westerns  ( 3061 )
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« : April 02, 2008, 04:19:14 PM »

I got this system for watching films in my Western collection that works out pretty good. I bought 100 blank flash cards and put the name of each film on the back I probably have 80+ Westerns. So what I do is take out the deck once or twice a week cut & shuffle the cards a number of times split the deck into three piles put it back together randomly and then cut the deck. The card will have the name of my next film to watch. 

I then remove that film card from the deck and eventually I'll cycle randomly through the whole collection. 

My only complaint is that flash cards are quite large and its not as easy to shuffle them as regular playing cards, now if I could find a couple of decks of regular blank playing cards I would switch to them.

Next up is "Lawman" with Burt Lancaster, Robert Ryan, Sheree North, and Robert Duval.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #1 : April 02, 2008, 04:26:13 PM »

I got this system for watching films in my Western collection that works out pretty good. I bought 100 blank flash cards and put the name of each film on the back I probably have 80+ Westerns. So what I do is take out the deck once or twice a week cut & shuffle the cards a number of times split the deck into three piles put it back together randomly and then cut the deck. The card will have the name of my next film to watch. 

I then remove that film card from the deck and eventually I'll cycle randomly through the whole collection. 

My only complaint is that flash cards are quite large and its not as easy to shuffle them as regular playing cards, now if I could find a couple of decks of regular blank playing cards I would switch to them.

Next up is "Lawman" with Burt Lancaster, Robert Ryan, Sheree North, and Robert Duval.

That's actually not a bad way to watch your western films. Like you, I have so many films and sometimes I can't choose between which one's to watch. I guess your system would work pretty good.

« : April 02, 2008, 04:29:11 PM TucumcariBound »

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

« #2 : April 03, 2008, 12:16:00 AM »

I have only 115 movies on DVD, max. And about 15 of them I've never watched. But anyway, I'd say 90% of the movies I see are on TV. My hard drive is full of movies right now. I usually choose the one that sounds the most interesting. Actually there are so many movies on the TV that I haven't had time for ages to watch even Leone movies. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing :-\

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #3 : July 15, 2008, 05:22:30 AM »

I've done similar things when being indecisive. I remember one birthday I couldn't choose whether I wanted GBU or Halls of Montezuma and I had a lengthy coin-flipping contest to see which one I got. I kept doing it over and over until GBU won. ;D

Saturday nights with Groggy
Helenea
Chicken Thief

I did get off.

« #4 : July 15, 2008, 03:44:29 PM »

I've done similar things when being indecisive. I remember one birthday I couldn't choose whether I wanted GBU or Halls of Montezuma and I had a lengthy coin-flipping contest to see which one I got. I kept doing it over and over until GBU won. ;D

Good idea, my b.d. is next month, I 'll have to try that!! O0 ;D ;D

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines