Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 10:38:26 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
0 and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 1403
: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  ( 5118950 )
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #165 : March 12, 2007, 10:37:21 PM »

(or rather, YOU find out and tell me about it)

Thanks for the moral support.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

« #166 : March 13, 2007, 12:12:52 AM »

the black dahlia
2 cops hunt the killer of a wannabe starlet.

this movie was boring trash.

stranger than fiction
a man suddenly hears a narrator describing and ultimately controlling his life.

despite the quirky humour and lack of action, I quite enjoyed it.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #167 : March 13, 2007, 03:09:41 PM »

Terms of Endearment - 5/5

If there is one film that would make me cry, this is it. For those who have seen it you would know. The acting in this film is perfect. Debroah Winger, Shirley McClain, and the man, Jack Nicholson were all outstanding. A memorable film for women and men in my opinion.

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #168 : March 14, 2007, 03:45:18 PM »

Just got done watching the adaptation of "Twelfth Night" with Helena Bonham Carter, Nigel Hawthorne and Ben Kingsley among others, in Shakespeare class.  I'd already seen it, and it's okay but not great. - 6/10 seems fair

Saturday nights with Groggy
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #169 : March 15, 2007, 09:06:06 AM »

Well, it's not one of S's best plays, after all (we cannot, for example, enjoy the taunting of Malvolio as the Elizabethans could). That production, though, is one I particularly like; the idea of depicting Feste as a burn-out was inspired, and they do a good job with the songs. More like an 7/10, I'd say.

« : March 17, 2007, 08:02:01 AM dave jenkins »

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

It'll hurt if you are cut.

« #170 : March 15, 2007, 12:42:14 PM »

"The Eel (Unagi)" by late Shohei Imamura

This was quite a surprise. The best Japanese film since I saw "When the Last Sword was Drawn." Imamura is known for his heavy style to portray humanity (especially sexuality). But this is a relatively light-hearted film for Imamura even though the hero has to deal with his past; killing his wife when he caught her cheating on him. The development of the story dosn't take a typical course and it betrays your premonition. I'm very impressed with Koji Yakusho's acting. He's got his soul in it. He was not trained by Tatsuya Nakadai for nothing. The pandemonium in the climax is one of the best scenes in the recent Japanese films.

This is excellent. I give  O0 O0

« : March 15, 2007, 12:47:30 PM Sanjuro »

<br />\"Be bold like an angel, meticulous like a devil.\" (Akira Kurosawa)
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

« #171 : March 16, 2007, 10:02:38 PM »

Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle-5 slyders out of 5

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #172 : March 17, 2007, 08:12:48 AM »

Yukinojo henge [An Actor's Revenge](1963). Kon Ichikawa. A kabuki actor plots and executes an elaborate revenge on the three people who destroyed his parents. This is such a weird film, because the actor is a man who specializes in female kabuki roles, and he is never out of character. So everywhere he goes he's a guy in drag, which leads to some very strange sword fights. The film is like a John Webster, if, for example, The Duchess of Malfi had been a transvestite. Color and 'scope. Must be seen to be believed. O0 O0 O0

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

It'll hurt if you are cut.

« #173 : March 17, 2007, 11:00:21 AM »

I haven't seen Yukinojo Henge. I'm kinda surprised you picked this. It's not much talked about even in Japan. But you triggered my interest. Besides, Ayako Wakao is in this film.  So why not.

<br />\"Be bold like an angel, meticulous like a devil.\" (Akira Kurosawa)
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #174 : March 17, 2007, 05:12:59 PM »

Zodiac - 4/5
A very good movie, and the best I've seen this year. The screenplay, cinematography, and Downey's performance are Oscar-worthy, as is possibly the direction. Gyllenhaal also gave a good performance, and I'd have to disagree with Dominic's (Cinema Fusion writer) points that it lessens towards the latter half of the film. In fact, I think it strengthens. Fincher did a great job of portrayal the Zodiac's period of time, and put a good ending to it as well - I reccomend this one (even over Fincher's overrated Fight Club).

Novecento - 3/5
This X-rated, 315 minute epic is the longest film I've ever seen, but a dissapointent as well. On the downside, it is much longer than it should be (something I've never said about a film before), and just about all of the acting aside from main roles is very weak. The cinematography is amazing at times, yet cheesy-looking at others. What I found was best about the film is De Niro's performance - one of the best in the career. On the bad side of the performance, it seemed like sometimes he was playing Johnny Boy of Mean Streets, other times Travis Bickle, other times Vito Corleone, other times Jake LaMotta, other times Michael Vronsky, and so on. In the end, I don't know what to think of his performance.

Anyways, I find the film to be fairly weak in most areas. This really only gets my reccomendation for die-hard fans of Robert De Niro or Bernardo Bertolucci - but be quick. The DVD was just released two months ago and is already OOP. My message to most people: spend the 5 1/2 hours doing something else.

Borat

It's funny. You should watch it.

CISCO

« #175 : March 17, 2007, 06:03:24 PM »

1) the man who would be king
2 ) under construction

Tim

« #176 : March 18, 2007, 05:44:31 PM »

Layer Cake: 4 out of 5, British ganster movie that definitely qualifies as a "cool movie."  I don't know how to describe it without giving away some important twists, but it's a really funy movie with a great cast.  James Bond himself, Daniel Craig, plays X, a drug dealer trying to get out of the business, but his employers want him to do two more jobs.  Really entertaining movie overall, and a pretty good surprise ending.

CISCO

« #177 : March 19, 2007, 05:12:15 AM »

Layer Cake: 4 out of 5, British ganster movie that definitely qualifies as a "cool movie."  I don't know how to describe it without giving away some important twists, but it's a really funy movie with a great cast.  James Bond himself, Daniel Craig, plays X, a drug dealer trying to get out of the business, but his employers want him to do two more jobs.  Really entertaining movie overall, and a pretty good surprise ending.
liked the original lady killers w/ peter sellars. not to mention sexy beast.
ray winstone did a hell of a great job in the departed as mr. french.

here's a film w/ a simular plot as mentioned above

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068384/

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #178 : March 19, 2007, 08:42:02 AM »

Borat

A humorless peice of $hit

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
CISCO

« #179 : March 19, 2007, 09:34:51 AM »

Borat

A humorless peice of $hit
me ? i'm just not interrested. i have a friend who thinks it's very funny.
cracker, what are your thoughts on this flick ? glad i avoided it.  O0

: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 1403  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines