Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2021, 06:59:56 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
0 and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 1332
: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  ( 4111459 )
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #3390 : May 15, 2008, 01:32:05 PM »

The Tall T - 3.5/5

Would be just a mediocre western had it not been for the awesome locations and the badass dialogue between Randolph Scott and Henry Silva during the stagecoach hold-up.

"Where's Hank?"
"Down in the well."
"And the boy?"
"He's with him."

That brief exchange alone was worth the price of admission.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #3391 : May 15, 2008, 01:43:27 PM »

Yea Silva is great in this flick, Boone also.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #3392 : May 15, 2008, 03:07:38 PM »

Dirty Harry - 8/10 - Two minor flaws: the very dated '70s score and the extremely dark night-time scenes which muddle two pivotal action scenes (however pedantic that may be). Otherwise, it was awesome, with Clint arguably more badass than in the MWNN films (arguably). And it actually has a point to make, however unsubtle it may be.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Tuco the ugly

« #3393 : May 15, 2008, 03:39:43 PM »

The Rundown (2003) - 2/10

POS.

Panache

« #3394 : May 15, 2008, 03:55:59 PM »

good revew groogy music dint bother me so much, still classic actioner and Eastwood best non-west. M-Force my second fav in series.

saw I a Legend and wafw of time. starts off lame with Smith chasin' deer in a mustang. gotta whol herd to shoot at and cant get one round off. then gets the slow deer ripped by a lion. In Omega man MR. HESTON(preNRa) would have bagged 3 and had a couple lion potstickers for the ride home. then there was all these flashbacks pissin me off. not enough action in this

Hey- logic question- you're on an island with 10 bazillion of these things wanting to tak a bite out of your ass, do ya drive in a lameass Suv with a semiauto rifle, and live in a crappy old building

or

do you drive in a tank with flame thrower, Rpgs, twin gatlings bows and arros and anythin else you can get on it and live in the treasury building

tak yer time, don asnswer right away ;D

http://www.freewebs.com/fistful-of-leone/

« : July 26, 2008, 01:11:40 PM Panache »
Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #3395 : May 16, 2008, 03:47:59 PM »

Billy Jack - ?/10 - My second viewing. It's unintentionally hilarious throughout and corny as hell. I feel like giving it a low rating based on quality but I think I enjoyed it too much (on whatever level) for it to deserve such a rating. I'll do some thinking over it.

Panache

« #3396 : May 16, 2008, 04:42:47 PM »

and the relationship between Will and his dog works.

Yea, but I saw that already. was called Boy and his dog

if yor gonna redo Heston you gotta come with the big guns. this one-fail    Planet of apes - epic fail.

moral of story-dont mess wit perfection

man, Billy Jack, way old school karate biker cowboys, try Born Losers groogs

sets Billy up better O0    http://www.freewebs.com/fistful-of-leone/

« : July 26, 2008, 01:19:30 PM Panache »
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #3397 : May 17, 2008, 02:06:44 PM »

Last Days of Pompeii (Leone) - 2/10
Ahahahaha, that was even worse than Colossus. By a long shot. What the fuck was it even about? First, Romans are trying to get revenge on looting group of Christians. Then evil Romans torture innocent Christians, and rebells strike against Romans. Then Mount Vesuvius erupts, destroys Pompeii, and they all escape on boats.

Then it ended.

Hahahahaha.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #3398 : May 17, 2008, 03:58:13 PM »

MST3K: The Movie - 9/10 - Always good for cheering me up. O0

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #3399 : May 17, 2008, 04:52:54 PM »

Last Days of Pompeii (Leone) - 2/10
Ahahahaha, that was even worse than Colossus. By a long shot. What the fuck was it even about? First, Romans are trying to get revenge on looting group of Christians. Then evil Romans torture innocent Christians, and rebells strike against Romans. Then Mount Vesuvius erupts, destroys Pompeii, and they all escape on boats.

Then it ended.

Hahahahaha.
Well, at least your description was entertaining. 7/10.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Panache

« #3400 : May 17, 2008, 09:27:16 PM »

check out Begotten if you get chance, short(bout an hour but f weird. like El topo but on way other plain

dont know how you fit this into any kind of flix

http://www.freewebs.com/fistful-of-leone/

« : July 26, 2008, 02:30:47 PM Panache »
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #3401 : May 17, 2008, 09:31:06 PM »

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I wish.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

« #3402 : May 18, 2008, 12:17:04 PM »

Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai (1999) - 7/10
Till Night on Earth every Jarmusch movie was better than the previous, so I had high expectations for this, I admit. So, this is not a bad movie at all, actually pretty entertaining. But... Shortly put: it feels forced. Things that Jarmusch has done well in the past (like interracial friendships) don't work here. And earlier he has used genre conventions and cliches ironically, turned them up side down, but here they mainly feel...well, clishes. But after all this was a fun flick.

Hiroshima, My Love (1959) - Can't rate/10
I honestly don't know how to rate this movie ??? I'll have to watch it again. Right now I'm speechless.

Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959) - Can't rate/10
I went to see this at a cinema (Finnish Film Archieve) and I have to say that it was maybe the most memorable movie theater experience of my life. About three minutes into the movie, the whole theater was laughing. For a second I was thinking if it was appropriate to laugh at someone's work like that, but I just couldn't help it ;D It's just so bad! And that's why it's so great! Unfortunately I have seen worse movies in my life but none of them made me laugh like that. The whole movie is just bizarre: horrible special effects, terrible acting, editing mistakes and the worst of all: Bela Lugosi replaced with some random guy ;D And what's funniest of all: Wood clearly made the movie completely seriously, there is anti-nuclear weapon message in the movie. I don't believe I could have enjoyed the movie at all if I had watched it alone on my telly, but when watched with 70 other people in a theater, it becomes the biggest farce of all times. They just don't make movies like this anymore (luckily)

Not that I'd think anyone's interested but I missed Blow Up and Key Largo because I thought I had enough free space on my hard drive, but evidently I didn't have :'(

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #3403 : May 18, 2008, 12:38:04 PM »

Well, at least your description was entertaining. 7/10.
You'd give the movie a 7?

For a Few Dollars More - 9/10
Munich - 8.5/10

That was almost like my first time seeing FAFDM. I hardly remember the stuff I did see, and for a good 30 minutes or so I didn't remember watching any of it at all. But it's a fucking great movie.

Munich is one of Spielberg's better ones.

I also watched a few short films:

My Best Friend's Birthday (Tarantino) - 7/10
The Dirk Diggler Story (Anderson) - 8/10
Amblin' (Spielberg) - 4/10
Portrait of Gina (Welles) - 7/10

« : May 18, 2008, 12:40:16 PM rrpower »
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #3404 : May 18, 2008, 02:22:48 PM »

Rebel Without a Cause (1955) 8/10

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 1332