Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 22, 2024, 03:50:35 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  What's your favorite scene in GBU?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: What's your favorite scene in GBU?  ( 15973 )
Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

« : August 29, 2008, 09:17:45 PM »

I know this may be a bit difficult to answer, considering the entire movie was superb, but I'm just wondering what your favorite scene is in the movie.  Feel free to post more than one fave if you like - I know how hard it is to choose - lol.    ;)

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #1 : August 30, 2008, 03:09:53 AM »

The three way gundown at the end.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #2 : August 30, 2008, 09:18:37 AM »

My answer changes every day.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

« #3 : August 31, 2008, 09:21:37 AM »

My answer changes every day.
Seconded.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #4 : August 31, 2008, 01:19:19 PM »

The Ecstasy of Gold. No question.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Tuco the ugly

« #5 : August 31, 2008, 03:00:32 PM »

I've answered this question so many times I don't know anymore... :-\

Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

« #6 : August 31, 2008, 11:19:21 PM »

LOL, Tuco the Ugly!  I wasn't aware this question was asked, though I should have known - lol.  I like the end myself - the showdown between the three 'amigos', but there are so many good scenes, it's hard to decide.

Tuco the ugly

« #7 : September 01, 2008, 03:38:48 AM »

O0

I've reached the point when the whole movie is my favorite scene, but I agree, the end is spectacular.  8)

Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

« #8 : September 01, 2008, 11:33:27 PM »

Oh yes it is - I couldn't agree more!   The waiting, the silence and the tension between AE and Tuco; Blondie's bountiful patience, waiting for one of the two to make a move; the stares and glares on each other - and oh yeah: their itchy trigger fingers - lol.  GREAT scene indeed!

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

« #9 : September 04, 2008, 10:02:49 AM »

I think that the whole movie is my favourite scene.  ;D

iceman
Bounty Killer

« #10 : September 04, 2008, 01:47:39 PM »

Ecstasy of Gold onwards

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

« #11 : September 04, 2008, 02:28:35 PM »

On a second thought, there is actually a scene I don't like at all. It is 46 minutes and 45 seconds into the movie (Special Edition ), when Blondie just killed the thugs that Tuco sent after him, and Tuco shows up at the window. The reason I don't like that scene is because, if you look at the background behind the window, it is not real but just painted. To me, that scene (otherwise great) is a black mark in one of the best movies in history.  :(

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #12 : September 04, 2008, 02:45:07 PM »

On a second thought, there is actually a scene I don't like at all. It is 46 minutes and 45 seconds into the movie (Special Edition ), when Blondie just killed the thugs that Tuco sent after him, and Tuco shows up at the window. The reason I don't like that scene is because, if you look at the background behind the window, it is not real but just painted. To me, that scene (otherwise great) is a black mark in one of the best movies in history.  :(

Why would that bother you? The scene was filmed in a studio, and quite frankly it's a very minor detail (and a very good painting, to boot).

Saturday nights with Groggy
iceman
Bounty Killer

« #13 : September 04, 2008, 02:50:55 PM »

There is a post which covers this particular scene somewhere, where the background is discussed in great detail as to whether or not it is a painting. Maybe someone could locate it. It is very interesting.

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

« #14 : September 04, 2008, 02:56:57 PM »

There is a post which covers this particular scene somewhere, where the background is discussed in great detail as to whether or not it is a painting. Maybe someone could locate it. It is very interesting.

ICE

It is clearly a painting and the scene was obviously made in a studio (probably at Cinecitta, far away from Almeria). You can also notice when the last bandit is shot that the whole wall moves and shakes, which clearly indicates it is a fake.

Tthe background in the window may be a nice painting, but it has no place in a movie where so much care into detail was put into all other scenes. To me, it undermines the rest of the movie.

« : September 04, 2008, 03:34:59 PM Bandolero »
: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines