Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 22, 2024, 04:34:16 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  What was the instrument that Blondie...
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: What was the instrument that Blondie...  ( 2630 )
Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

« : December 20, 2008, 12:06:26 AM »

was going to use to write with to put the name of the grave on the stone?   I'm not quite sure about this.  It's one of those easily-overlooked trivial things in the movie.    Considering ball point pens weren't around then, my guess would be that it's a sharp stone that he intended to use to etch the name with or his cigar ashes.   A quill pen wouldn't be any use, considering he doesn't carry ink with him and any ink already on the pen would be dried up due to the exposure to the air.  Can anyone fill me in on this?  Thanks. ;)

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #1 : December 20, 2008, 07:48:03 AM »

I used to think it was a pencil-type piece of charcoal, but Blondie didn't seem like the writer type to me, doubt he'd carry something like that (would take up the space of a cigar, of course !).  Since he didn't actually write anything, I think it was just something so Angel Eyes and Tuco would think he was scratching something on the rock surface.

Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

« #2 : January 02, 2009, 12:14:09 AM »

Thanks, Cusser.  That little detail always grabbed my curiosity and, being as Blondie isn't exactly close enough to the camera, it's a strain on the eyes to see what he goes for to write with - lol.   I think we can only draw our own conclusions as to what he intended to write with. 

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines