Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 22, 2024, 04:57:19 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  How many towns...
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: How many towns...  ( 3092 )
Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

« : January 08, 2009, 12:10:49 AM »

are named/mentioned in the GBU?  The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Andersonville (AE confronts the commandante at the prison camp).  Places like Sad Hill Cemetery are excluded from this question because I'm only asking about names of towns.  If Andersonville IS the only named town in the whole movie, why weren't the other towns given names, such as the one that Tuco ends up in after his long walk across the desert and walks into a gunshop?   I'm just curious as to why SE didn't name the towns, unless it's because Blondie, Tuco and AE didn't stay long in any one place.   This is just a 'thought to ponder' question - lol. 

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #1 : January 08, 2009, 05:28:57 AM »

I think El Paso is mentioned and Alburquerque is shown I believe (when Sibley is retreating).

Check out the time line thread, I fit the films story into the events of Sibley's New Mexico Brigade.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #2 : January 08, 2009, 11:50:39 AM »

Half-Soldier mentions Santa Ana (town fairly near....)

Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

« #3 : January 24, 2009, 07:34:30 PM »

Thanks, CJ and Cusser!  I totally forgot about Santa Ana, Alburquerque and El Paso - geeez - where's my mind when I need it??  ;D

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines