Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:19:47 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Alfred Hitchcock Discussion Thread
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 37 38 [39]
: The Alfred Hitchcock Discussion Thread  ( 208939 )
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #570 : December 18, 2023, 10:17:34 AM »

North by Northwest (1959) I don't like the kissing scene on the train: it comes after the dining car which had a brilliant dialogue and so it is redundant. I also don't like the statue: they could have forgotten it like they forgot james Mason.

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #571 : December 19, 2023, 11:49:36 AM »

Bon Voyage (1944)An interesting short spy story, all based on flashbacks. Worth watching even for non completists.

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #572 : December 19, 2023, 07:29:59 PM »

Aventure Malgache(1944) This is interesting because it shows  the collaborationists of the Vichy government, something that you didn't portray in 1944, when you had to portray a unified nation. Not as suspenseful as the other short but worth a watch.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #573 : December 22, 2023, 01:10:20 PM »

North by Northwest (1959) I don't like the kissing scene on the train: it comes after the dining car which had a brilliant dialogue and so it is redundant. I also don't like the statue: they could have forgotten it like they forgot james Mason.
Grant's "magic pockets" no longer bother you?

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #574 : December 24, 2023, 03:20:15 AM »

Psycho. Robert Bloch.

H. followed it very closely, apart from the first chapter where instead of a dialogue between Norman-Norma he put the even more useless scene with Gavin-Leigh. In the novel there's even the fly at the end. Apart from some minor differences (Norman is fat, the Oakland monologue is here delivered more effectively by the Gavin character: though in the end just as useless). But the more relevant fact is how the actual muders are treated: just a line or about each.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #575 : December 24, 2023, 07:49:37 AM »

Sad how many psychos have actually appeared since back then - just watch Dateline, 20/20, 48 Hours, Court TV, or your local news !!!!

History has had its share of psychos for many centuries too...

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #576 : February 29, 2024, 02:29:33 AM »

Shadow of a Doubt (1943) This one has got a weird first part, with hints at a odd relationship between the leads, helped by Wright playing a teenager (she speaks with a baby voice too! ). But  after the confrontation in the diner the movie changes course and the movie really elevates itself to the best H. levels. A pity that the first part is not as interesting. 8/10

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #577 : February 29, 2024, 02:40:31 AM »

The Paradine Case (1947) A good contender for worst trial movie ever. H. expressed his criticism for all the 4 leads, which is a kind of record for any director, at least a major one. But rightly so: it was Selznick who made the casting and who meddled in the screenplay. The plot has no surprises although being quite awkward and not credible in development and finale: no wonder I didn't remember a thing about it except the presence of Valli and Peck, but not that of Coburn and Laughton.

: 1 ... 37 38 [39]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines