Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2022, 05:33:24 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Film Locations (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  OUATIA locations
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
: OUATIA locations  ( 113822 )
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #75 : November 22, 2011, 06:55:02 AM »

Another question I'd ask is, Has the Boardwalk Empire stuff been CGI'd?

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #76 : November 22, 2011, 06:56:56 AM »

I don't get HBO but it looks promising I usually watch HBO stuff on DVD :'(

I don't have HBO. But if I hear it's good, I'll rent the dvd's from Netflix  :)

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #77 : November 22, 2011, 08:17:53 AM »

I don't have HBO. But if I hear it's good, I'll rent the dvd's from Netflix  :)

That's what I do too, I don't know if its out on DVD yet I think it just started last year.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #78 : November 22, 2011, 08:22:19 AM »

Another question I'd ask is, Has the Boardwalk Empire stuff been CGI'd?

Why bother its like I said nobody is is going to slap their head and say hell I already saw THAT building in OUTIA.  ;D

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

« #79 : November 22, 2011, 01:51:49 PM »

Why bother its like I said nobody is is going to slap their head and say hell I already saw THAT building in OUTIA.  ;D
What if it really is the same building but the alterations have been done digitally?

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #80 : November 22, 2011, 02:51:04 PM »

What if it really is the same building but the alterations have been done digitally?

Still it looks perfectly OK no? Why even bother, why spend money to CGI something like that, unless the CGI costs less than hanging a different sign over the entrance. I'm no expert on it.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #81 : November 23, 2011, 03:49:05 AM »

Nice Pics thanks, they are doing quite a bit with CGI then anyway so a bit of tweeking on the building would be easy.

BTY there is supposed to be a Film Noir that is based on a boardwalk gangster called appropriate enough "The Gangster" (1947) starring Barry Sullivan, ever here of it?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #82 : November 23, 2011, 04:28:07 AM »

Thanks cj.  Not heard of The Gangster (1947) but I'll check it out.

I have followed your Film Noir reviews with interest and have looked at quite a few of the movies you have recommended.  Great job. O0

Its not available (The Gangster) here, that is why I mentioned it, its supposed to be pretty good, I've been try to track it down.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #83 : November 23, 2011, 10:26:16 AM »

I didn't think it was, must be because I always check Netflix first, usually that have everything, thanks O0 O0 O0

« : November 23, 2011, 10:30:29 AM cigar joe »

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #84 : November 23, 2011, 11:59:36 AM »

I didn't think it was, must be because I always check Netflix first, usually that have everything, thanks O0 O0 O0

Netflix certainly does not have everything. I recently had to buy 4 dvd's cuz they were unavailable from Netflix (Nevada Smith, The Tin Star, Champion, and Detective Story).

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #85 : November 23, 2011, 12:18:02 PM »

Netflix certainly does not have everything. I recently had to buy 4 dvd's cuz they were unavailable from Netflix (Nevada Smith, The Tin Star, Champion, and Detective Story).

I guess not, and THAT kind of sucks, if its out on DVD they SHOULD offer it.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #86 : November 23, 2011, 12:56:45 PM »

yeah, if a dvd is unavailable from Netflix, my next option is to rent it from iTunes. But unfortunatley, those 4 were all unavailable as iTunes rentals either  (Champion was unavailable at all, Nevada Smith and Tin Star and I believe Detective Story were only available for purchase (which is $9.99 each). it is usually not worthwhile to purchase a download from iTunes, considering that the dvd's are usually available for about that price anyway. So I bought 'em on dvd: CHAMPION ($9.55), NEVADA SMITH ($16.35), and THE TIN STAR ($8.56) (all prices include shipping; some on eBay some on Amazon, some new some used). I believe DETECTIVE STORY was also in the ten-dollar range.... that's my life: rent dvd's from Netflix; if something is unavailable, then rent it from iTunes (usually $2.99 for old movies); if it's unavailable there as well and I am REALLY REALLY interested in it, buy the dvd on Amazon or eBay if it's cheap :-)

« : November 24, 2011, 02:46:02 AM drinkanddestroy »

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #87 : November 26, 2011, 09:12:04 PM »

somehow half the day was spent talking about Groggy

:(

Saturday nights with Groggy
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #88 : November 26, 2011, 09:14:43 PM »

:(

it's true; watch the vids.

p.s. you shoulda been there. Then THE WHOLE day coulda been spent talkin about you  ;)

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #89 : November 26, 2011, 09:28:44 PM »

Well, those videos are awesome, but not for that reason. O0

Saturday nights with Groggy
: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines