Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 07, 2023, 05:06:25 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  GBU Special Edition DVD Review
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: GBU Special Edition DVD Review  ( 29128 )
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

« : March 08, 2004, 12:30:03 PM »

Nice review. loverly job by MGM on that picture quality
http://www.dvddebate.com/article.php?sid=4035&mode=thread&order=0

More headaches about the new gun effects thou. I hope they fellow paramount and do a Mono Track for R1.

This could ruin it for me.  :-\

« : March 08, 2004, 12:49:54 PM The Smoker »

mackace23
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

« #1 : March 09, 2004, 01:45:14 PM »

I hope the gun shot sound effects don't sound too out of place, that would ruin it for me. Sounds like it's going to be a great disc though. I read somewhere that Home theatre forum has said that the other two films have also been re-mastered, probably not to the extent GBU has been, but I read that they are all supposed to come out in a box set sometime in the fall. Has anyone read about this?

The Smoker
Bounty Killer

« #2 : March 10, 2004, 12:38:50 PM »

If you look around the site. maybe in general discussion theres a post (with pictures) about the Region 1 Collectors Edition for May time.

Region 2 DVD Menu screen grabs.

Nice stuff very grainy scratchy look. Like the last one.  same design team that did the Fistful Of Dynamite, maybe? well the fonts the same.

« : March 18, 2004, 03:01:32 PM The Smoker »

Jon
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

« #3 : March 17, 2004, 12:05:31 PM »

Despite the gunshots issue I can't wait to get this.Now if only FOD,FFDM and DYS could get similar treatment!!!The recent release of DYS was really poor and not even uncut!

Tucster
Road Apple

I hope your mother ends up in a $2 whorehouse!

« #4 : March 17, 2004, 04:27:18 PM »

I agree...it would be great to have the entire trilogy done over!!

It's no joke...it's a rope!
El Bon
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

« #5 : March 27, 2004, 05:21:38 PM »

I am not sure whether to buy the R2 version or wait for the R1 in may which has the Italian mono audio and a better sleeve design.  Anyone else in the same dilemma?

The Smoker
Bounty Killer

« #6 : March 28, 2004, 03:20:03 AM »

As a Brit. Im gonna wait for that Region 1 CE.

http://www.playusa.com/playusa.asp?page=title&r=R1&title=154870&id=0&adudisc=y&cpage=1&Cur=516
Play.com USA  have penciled in a price of £15.99($31.49) 18/05/2004

All good things come to those who wait.  ;)

Still no sign of a English Mono track :'(

« : March 28, 2004, 03:25:24 AM The Smoker »

El Bon
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

« #7 : March 28, 2004, 04:58:46 AM »

Yes i think i can wait another month. CD-WOW.COM have the R1 priced at 13.99 pounds.

mackace23
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

« #8 : March 29, 2004, 10:15:10 PM »

here is another R2 review, seems like the audio issues are pretty bad...anyone heard what is going to be on the R1?

http://www.r2-dvd.org/article.jsp?sectionId=4&articleId=6324

Blueberry
Gunslinger

I've been to Sugar Town and I shook the sugar down

« #9 : April 13, 2004, 01:50:17 AM »

Is this edition ever gonna come or what? I cant stand the waiting anymore, I promised myself 3 months ago that I wouldn't buy another DVD until this one comes along... and I need it so badly.. already got the projector and the white wall ready..
After this, we'll have to wait for another couple of years until hopefully FFDM gets the same treatment. Never mind the rest of the movies in this world.. GBU, OUATIA, OUATIW, FFDM, and DYS are the only films I ever wanted to own in maximum quality connoisseur editions.. the rest I just want to see once in a while. But opening a brand new package of a Leone film just beats everything.

Godfather Boxset... who cares? Night, Dawn, Day of the Dead releases... never mind... Alien Quadrilogy? Scram...  

All good things, but not worth the agony and the anticipation for a fresh release of GBU - the release of the century - nothing less. Must have!! Now!!

El Bon
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

« #10 : April 13, 2004, 01:09:51 PM »

RELEASE OF THE CENTURY!!! You bet. Yes it seems like ages waiting for it to come out, and i am going to have to wait for another month as i am holding out for the R1 which has the mono Italian audio track. Of course it will be worth it as it is my favourite movie of all time. It is like a dream to see the full version after reading about the cut scenes about 25 years ago in Christopher Frayling's book.
I saw some clips on ITV'S DVD Clinic to wet the appetite the other night and have read a couple of reviews in magazines. Bit of a short one in DVD Review though.

Andrew Tom
Road Apple

I'm not a number, I'm a human being!

« #11 : April 14, 2004, 02:15:27 AM »

I got the R2 disc last Thursday, and it's good. Very good in fact. But the added scenes' sound isn't as good as the rest of it. Especially the Grotto scene sounds way off.

It is a great release, but nothing compared to the set of OUATITW. I think I'll also get the R1 set, since I'm very intrigued to hear the Italian track.

Tucster
Road Apple

I hope your mother ends up in a $2 whorehouse!

« #12 : April 17, 2004, 01:43:35 PM »

We will have it in a little over a month......can't wait!!

It's no joke...it's a rope!
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

« #13 : April 18, 2004, 06:23:30 AM »

some more packaging shots...

*Drool*  :P

is it me or does that look like the GBU Soundtrack cover art from 1967 in the bottom left. no CD in that sleeve suppose? ;D

R1 Menus are alot more passive than the R2, both equally good.

« : April 18, 2004, 06:40:21 AM The Smoker »

El Bon
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

« #14 : April 18, 2004, 04:04:46 PM »

yes it is the same as the CD and LP art but was originally used for the US poster, see top right, with a yellow background added.
I think i prefer the R2 menus. I may buy R1 & R2 versions.

: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines