Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 13, 2022, 08:50:55 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Qualm?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Qualm?  ( 7351 )
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

« : May 15, 2010, 12:59:33 PM »

How bad did Joe feel about the Baxters?

Or did he feel bad at all?

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #1 : May 17, 2010, 10:03:46 AM »

I think his whole purpose was to eliminate both clans, so he didn't feel bad when half his aim was accomplished. Maybe he was a little annoyed that there weren't any more Baxters around to kill Rojos (meaning he'd have to finish the job all by himself), but in terms of feelings I'd say that's about as far as it went.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

« #2 : May 17, 2010, 12:02:15 PM »

Well, reading between the lines while watching the movie I had the feeling the Baxters were represented as being a tad better than the Rojos; corrupted but nothing more than businessmen in essence, unlike the other dysfunctional bunch of murderers, drunks and psychos.

I guess Sergio really wanted the movie to do well in the US of A. :D

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #3 : May 17, 2010, 12:51:35 PM »

Joe seems disgusted by the Rojos' behavior, but I doubt he has much sympathy for the Baxters.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #4 : May 17, 2010, 12:52:01 PM »

Well, reading between the lines while watching the movie I had the feeling the Baxters were represented as being a tad better than the Rojos; corrupted but nothing more than businessmen in essence, unlike the other dysfunctional bunch of murderers, drunks and psychos.

This is true, the Baxters don't have any psychopaths like Ramon or Esteban.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

« #5 : May 17, 2010, 02:31:42 PM »

This is true, the Baxters don't have any psychopaths like Ramon or Esteban.

No, but they do have the first complex female character in a Sergio Leone movie playing on their side. Take that Jill!

t-bone
Road Apple

« #6 : May 19, 2010, 07:08:06 PM »

I always found it odd that the Baxters were supposed to be the "big gun merchants," but they all met their demise unarmed.

my apologies if this is considered a hijack, but I didn't know where else to put it.

sargatanas
Gunslinger

« #7 : May 19, 2010, 08:42:02 PM »

up until now,  it was about the dollars.   the Baxter's are no longer a threat, not that they ever were.  plus, joe has to TCB w/ the rojo's. sombody's got to knock that nutty sombero off estaban's head

« : May 19, 2010, 09:03:48 PM sargatanas »
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

« #8 : May 20, 2010, 02:02:56 AM »

I always found it odd that the Baxters were supposed to be the "big gun merchants," but they all met their demise unarmed.

my apologies if this is considered a hijack, but I didn't know where else to put it.

Irony. Just like in GBU Blondie wearing the title ''(the) Good'' when he, in fact, killed the most people. >:D

No hijack. O0

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

« #9 : May 20, 2010, 02:03:47 AM »

sombody's got to knock that nutty sombero off estaban's head

lol

Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #10 : May 20, 2010, 01:53:49 PM »

They were trying to surrender. And a few of them did get shots off before dying.

t-bone
Road Apple

« #11 : May 20, 2010, 10:48:14 PM »

Irony. Just like in GBU Blondie wearing the title ''(the) Good'' when he, in fact, killed the most people. >:D

No hijack. O0

great point...I never looked at it from that angle.  and thanks, amigo.  8)

and @ Groggy...yes sir, I guess that's where that irony comes into play yet again.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines